Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The best decision i've ever made!

Well sunday was our 2 year anniversary. It's kinda weird to think about everything that has happened over a 2 year period. We have both grown and changed so much, but we changed and grew together. We started our life together in our condo in south salt lake while I was finishing school at utah states extension campus in salt lake. while Darin was going to SLCC to finish up his associates degree. after one year of learning and growing I graduated from Utah state and Darin got accepted into the social work program at the U as well as receiving a scholarship beacuse he has amazing grades. The day before I graduated I got a job here at Haycock Petroleum doing some accounting work, I'm still here and I'm loving it! Over the summer we both just worked and played hard...maybe a little too hard because Darin kept getting hurt, such as falling through roofs, fracturing his fingers, rolling a 4-wheeler over himself and almost breaking his ankle sending us to the hospital to get x-rays. but we made it through the summer and Darin started school and slowed things down in the work department. So I was providing so he could concentrate on homework, well that worked out well since he got a 4.0 his first semester! well as you all know the economy turned for the worst this past year, and while we were going to wait until Darin was out of school to buy a house we knew we couldn't resist this opportunity to get a 5% interest rate as well as a house that's worth 50,000 or more than what it's selling for! so we decided to buy (I will post pics this week!) it's been a learning experience for both of us, I knew there was going to be more work involved but I didn't realize just about how much. I love taking care of the yard because now it's my yard, no offense mom but I hated weeding while I lived at home, but now I can say that I actually enjoy it! I enjoy keeping my yard looking nice. At times I still feel a little too young to be where I'm at in life but I can honestly say I'm happy. Well it's the beginning of a new summer and hopefully Darin be a little more careful or at least not to accident prone. But I am grateful for Darin and everything he does for me. He truly is the best thing that has ever happened to me, as well as the best person for me. I'm glad I know that we have our whole lives ahead of us as well as the eternities after, I don't know what I would do without that knowledge, I would probably quit work and spend every moment with him, but I guess I can be patient, I do have forever with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment